Grasp the handle with the arm next to the body:
- Inhale and raise the arm to horizontal.
- Exhale out at the end of the movement.
This exercise mainly develops the middle deltoid. Because the muscle is multipennate, com- posed of many fibers in the shape of a feather, it is best to vary the working angles in order to work all the fibers.
- Single-Arm Low Pulley Lateral Raises: performed using one arm at a time.
- Alternating Low Pulley Lateral Raises: alternating between arms while raising the weight.
- Standing Lateral Raises: performed while standing, as opposed to being seated.
- Bent-Over Low Pulley Lateral Raises: performed while bending over, with your torso parallel to the floor.