Stand with the feet slightly apart, arms next to the body. Grasp the handle with an overhand grip with one hand:
- Inhale and raise the arm up to eye level.
- Exhale at the end of the movement.
This exercise contracts the deltoid (mainly the anterior deltoid) as well as the clavicular head of the pectoralis major and, to a lesser degree, the short head of the biceps brachii.
- Single-arm raises
- Alternating raises
- Using a straight bar attachment
- Alternating resistance bands
- Single-arm raises with a resistance band